Collaboration with Other Canadian and International Insitutions
Research collaboration was established or continued with the following institutions):
- University of British Columbia (Prof. Stavros Avramidis) on the modeling of coupled electromagnetic/thermal/mass transfer behavior of wood, with applications in the industrial drying of softwood lumber.
- MacMaster University, Hamilton, Ont., (Prof. J. Bandler) on time domain optimization using electromagnetic simulators.
- University of Darmstadt (Visit of Dr. Weiland) involving the modeling of electromagnetic structures in the time domain.
- University of Ulm, Germany (Prof. W. Menzel) on software validation and comparison with measurements on mm-wave filters).
- Ferdinand Braun Institut for High Frequency Techniques, Berlin, Germany (Dr. W. Heinrich and B. Bader) involving the development of improved TLM procedures, and equivalent circuit parameter extraction from TLM responses of electromagnetic structures.
- University of Technology of Munich (Prof. P. Russer), on field modeling and simulation.